Monday, December 30, 2013

To Your Success Part 4 "Loneliness"

Inspirational quote for today is: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" ~ Philippians 4:13. A life that produces the fruit of the Holy Spirit is attractive. “The fruit of spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law” ~ Galatians 5:22-23 (NASB). You see when we implement these and similar attitudes it cause others to want to be with us. On the other hand, a judgmental attitude drives others away. I believe love is probably the cure for any emotional problem, including loneliness. In the book of Ephesians, the apostle Paul prayed, “so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God” ~ Ephesians 3:17-19 (NASB). I believe when we receive the love God imparts it’s not only an outstanding cure for loneliness, but giving love can also be a cure for loneliness. As Solomon recorded, “The generous man will be prosperous, and he waters himself be watered” ~ Proverbs 11:25 (NASB). Furthermore, when we have the fruit of the Holy Spirit in our lives not only does it produce a positive attitude in you and the ability to love others, but it also produces peace and joy. As God’s children, we can definitely be secured our relationship with him. For example, in order for a baby to grow up without loneliness and mental health, research shows that the child must feel that his/her parents will never forsake him/her and that he/she will always belong to them. You see we as God’s children need to continually remind ourselves of the security of belonging to him. Christ stated: “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also”~ John 14:1-3 (NASB). In closing, we will belong to God for an eternity-never to be lonely again. I trust you enjoy reading this blog, and I pray that it helps you as you begin to change your life and achieve great success. This is the beginning of a journey that never ends. I will present Part 5 at a later time. Talk to you soon, Gary R. Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment