Saturday, January 11, 2014

To Your Success Part 2 "Peace and Happiness"

Inspirational quote for today is: "Peace begins with a smile" ~ Mother Teresa. Here are a few examples that I’ve used to help me on my pursuit to peace and happiness. The first thing I had to learn was start “living by the word each and everyday”. In other words, I had to start living my life according to God’s word. You see I believe when we honor God’s word in our everyday lives, and making it a priority everyday by reading and doing what God has prepared for us to do good things happen. From my own personal perspective, I love God’s word. It has helped me not only build a better relationship with him; it also given me the opportunity to see how it made remarkable transformations to other peoples lives. In addition, God’s word has been a great source of strength, wisdom, and guidance in my life. Take a look at some of my examples, I’m sure some of these, are to be sure aspects to your everyday life: 1.) Dealing with personal Finances- “The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower becomes the lender’s slave” ~ Proverbs 22:7 (NASB). “For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it? ~ Luke 14:28 (NASB). 2.) Choosing our friends- “Do not associate with a man given to anger; or go with a hot – tempered man” ~ Proverbs 22:24 (NASB). “Leave a presence of a fool, or you will not discern words of knowledge” ~ Proverbs 14:7 (NASB). 3.) Developing a good work ethic- “He who tills his land will have plenty of food, but he follows empty pursuits will have poverty in plenty” ~ Proverbs 28:19 (NASB). “Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “Those unwilling to work will not get to eat” ~ 2 Thessalonians 3:10 (NLT). 4.) Raising our children- “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it” ~ Proverbs 22:6 (NLT). “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord” ~ Ephesians 6:4 (NLT). 5.) Dealing with our Anger issues- “In your anger do not sin, do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold” ~ Ephesians 4:26, 27 (NIV). “My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this; everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry” ~ James 1:19 (NIV). I trust you enjoy enjoy reading this blog, and I pray that it helps you as you begin to change your life and achieve great success. This is the beginning of a journey that never ends. I will be presenting Part 3 at a later time. Talk to you soon, Gary R. Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment