Tuesday, January 21, 2014

To Your Success Part 3 "Peace and Happiness"

Inspirational quote for today is: “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ~ Martin Luther King Jr. Throughout my journey I also had to learn to “Say and Do God’s word”. In other words, not only did I learn to speak God’s word aloud; I had to learn how to obey it as well. As it states in the book of James “But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves” ~ James 1:22 (NASB). I believe one way we can position ourselves for God’s blessings is by being obedient and obeying his word. This message is throughout much of the bible, especially in the Old Testament: It says “If you obey God, you’ll be blessed. If you don’t, you won’t”. I believe this scripture is so true. You see God’s word is the truth, and it states in John 8:32 “and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free” (NASB). Over the years, I had to understand the only way God’s truth can be effective for me is by receiving it in my heart and applying it to my everyday circumstances through obedience. In order for you to believe that God’s word is true you have to do the same thing. I also believe if we want God’s word to work in our everyday lives, we need to do more than read, study, and confess; we have to do what God says. I understand this can be very challenging at times when we would rather hold our anger inside of us and we see God’s word saying we must forgive; however, obedience is necessary if we want to enjoy the blessings God has waiting for us. In the book of John it states “Now that you know these things, God will bless you for doing them” ~ John 13:17 (NLT). I trust you enjoy reading this blog, and I pray that it helps you as begin to change your life and achieve great success. This is the beginning of a journey that never ends. I will be presenting Part 4 at a later time. Talk to you soon, Gary R. Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment